- Anyone who buys steel or aluminum or makes products with steel or aluminum can expect the prices to go up
- Prices for products you purchase that contain steel or aluminum will increase, but the amount will vary from a few cents to a hundreds of dollars depending on the item
- Florida export sectors that could be impacted include private airplanes, engines and parts, computers and small appliances and machinery
- Some businesses in these sectors could be forced to lay off employees or even close down due to the rising costs of steel and aluminum. Some employees could see wages and hours decline as well
- Sectors of Florida's economy that could be vulnerable to retaliation by countries impacted by the tariffs include agriculture, orange juice and coal
Photo courtesy of Getty Images.