Isaias has weakened to tropical storm status but it's expected to re-strengthen. Isaias is set to approach Florida later tonight, before tracking up the East Coast to as far north as New England early next week.
The National Hurricane Center's 5p advisory has Isaias (ees-ah-EE-ahs) with maximum sustained winds of 70 miles per hour and about 115 miles southeast of Fort Lauderdale, moving northwest at 10 miles per hour.
WATCHES AND WARNINGS
The Hurricane Watch from Hallandale Beach to south of Boca Raton Florida has been discontinued.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* Boca Raton to the Volusia/Flagler County Line Florida
* Northwestern Bahamas
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Jupiter Inlet to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* North of Ocean Reef to south of Boca Raton Florida
* Lake Okeechobee
* Volusia/Flagler County Line to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* North of Ponte Vedra Beach Florida to South Santee River South Carolina
In a 5 p.m. briefing, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said that President Donald Trump has approved his request for a pre-landfall emergency for the State of Florida in anticipation of Hurricane Isaias.
Photo courtesy: NOAA