County Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava will host Saving Biscayne Bay virtual town hall with local environmental experts and advocates.
Pollution, rising temperatures and seagrass die-offs have all contributed to the declining health of the Biscayne Bay, and most recently the crisis of massive fish kills along the coast and gray-green algae. The town hall is intended to help raise more awareness about the declining health of the Biscayne Bay, to discuss the best solutions for saving our Bay, to receive an update on County efforts, and to engage the public in local environmental projects and advocacy needed.
Participating in the town hall:
• Irela Bague, Biscayne Bay Taskforce Chair
• Lee Hefty, Miami Dade County DERM Director
• Dr. Rachel Silverstein, Miami Waterkeeper Executive Director
• Dr. James Fourqurean and Dr. Tiffany Troxler, FIU Institute of Environment
• Seth Bloomgarden, Miami Surfrider Foundation Chair
--> Watch the live stream at Facebook.com/CommissionerCava