About David Pizzo
David Pizzo is Florida Blue’s market president, West Florida Region. In this role, Pizzo is responsible for operations in 14 counties which include Hillsborough, Pinellas, Sarasota, Manatee, Lee, Pasco, Hernando, and other western counties south to Collier.
Prior to this role, Pizzo served as Florida Blue’s vice president, Advertising, Brand Management, and Market Communications. He has also served in a number of leadership roles since joining Florida Blue in 1997.
Prior to Florida Blue, Pizzo served as senior vice president and management supervisor for Commonhealth, the world’s largest health care marketing communications firm. His background includes 25 years experience in the health industry including marketing, advertising, brand strategy, and sales.
Throughout his career, Pizzo has been active in several community and civic organizations. He is currently involved with the following organizations in various capacities:
- Tampa Bay Partnership (2018 Chairman)
- United Way Suncoast (2015 Campaign Cabinet Chair)
- American Heart Association Tampa Bay Metro Board
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation (2013 Chair)
- MacDill AFB Honorary Commander
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce,
- St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- CEO Council of Tampa Bay
- David A. Straz Center for Performing Arts Board
- University of South Florida President’s Council Society and Center for Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
- St. Leo University College of Business Advisory Board
- USF MUMA College of Business Advisory Board
- American Cancer Society CEOs Against Cancer, Leadership Florida
- Eckerd College President’s Associates
- Outback Bowl Selection Committee.
Pizzo has also been an active member of the Gator Bowl Association and served on the Jacksonville XXXIX Super Bowl Host Committee.
Pizzo holds a Bachelor of Science in pharmacy from Rutgers University and a Master of Business Administration in marketing and international business from NYU’s Stern Business School.
Florida Blue, Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield company, has been providing health insurance to residents of Florida for 75 years. Driven by its mission of helping people and communities achieve better health, the company serves more than 5 million health care members across the state. In total, Florida Blue and its affiliated companies serve 27 million people in 34 states. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., it is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.