TAMPA -- Tampa Bay area school districts are mostly taking a wait-and-see approach to Nicole.
Pinellas County schools say at this time, the plan is for schools to be in session Wednesday and through the week. All updates, including school closure information, will be shared using the following methods, according to a statement:
- A recorded phone message to all employees and families
- E-mail message to all employees and families
- Text message to all registered users (opt-in by texting YES to 67587)
- Information posted on the district website: www.pcsb.org/weather
- Information posted on district’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Information will be shared with local TV, radio, print and online news outlets
- Emergency Information Phone Line: (727) 588-6424. Call the Emergency Information Phone Line to hear a recorded update.
Pasco and Polk county school are planning to close Thursday. In Hardee and Highlands Counties, well inland, schools will be closed Wednesday AND Thursday.
Other districts will be open tomorrow, deciding Wednesday whether to open schools Thursday.
Nicole is forecast to make landfall as a hurricane Wednesday, then move across the state, bringing tropical storm force winds to much of the Tampa Bay area.