Dawn Schulman Associate Director of OASIS (Outreach Assisting Students in Schools) joined AM Tampa Bay to discuss how you can help provide clothing and fundamental necessities to at-risk and low-income Hillsborough County Public School Students.
- Four Clothing Sites –School Social Workers (SSW) to visit when students are in need of clothing, hygiene items, school supplies, and other basic necessities
- Online Delivery Program – SSW can have items delivered to student’s school
- Emergency Food Assistance Cards
- Clothing & Shoe Donations:
- Community Bins at the New Tampa & South Tampa YMCA
· School/Student/Business Clothing Drives
Due to the COVID-19 crisis shifts four clothing sites & clothing donation bins are temporarily closed & volunteers are unavailable .
What is needed during this time?
- Emergency Food Assistance Gift Cards – Provides funds to purchase food in neighborhood Emergency
- Gas Gift Cards - Provides transportation to free community resources
- Hygiene Item Bags
Ways you can Donate to OASIS COVID-19 Student Assistance Program:
- Text “OASISKIDS” to 44321
- Donate on their website www.oasis-network.org
- Mail check to: OASIS Network 16057 Tampa Palms Blvd W #315 Tampa, FL 33647
In the future you can donate new or gently used clothing and shoes to help serve students when schools reopen or Volunteer at one of our sites in Tampa Palms, South Tampa, or Seffner, FL
To learn more about OASIS and how you can help click here
Photo: Getty Images