Patrick Venable, Ybor City Museum Society Board of Trustees, joined AM Tampa Bay to discuss Buildings Alive! Ybor City Architecture Hop is happening March 5, 2020, from 5:00-9:30 pm.
This is a behind-the-scenes tour of some of Ybor City’s historic buildings and sites, each with its own architectural style and unique story.
With hundreds of historically significant structures in the area, we take the general public into sites they wouldn’t get a chance to explore.
Here is a list of the stops this year:
- Design Styles Architecture (former Italian grocery store)
- El Centro Asturiano (this building replaces original one that burned. club formed in 1902)
- Lion’s Eye Institute (former F. Lozano Cigar Factory)
- Italian Club (built in 1918)
- Cuban Club (1917 building replaces original one burned down)
- New owners of the German American Club are going to give our guests preview of the renovations they’re planning for the 1909 building. (Metro Inclusive Health)
Location: Ybor City Museum State Park - Kick off in the Garden (1818 East 9 Avenue, Tampa 33605)
Price: Discounted tickets now – Monday, March 2:
Non – members = $50
YCMS members = $40
Students (with school ID) = $20
If you're interested on attending the tour or finding out more information click here
Photo: Natalie Aquilia