Miami, Fla.-(Newsradio 970 WFLA)-The National Hurricane Center says Hurricane Michael has made landfall near Mexico Beach, in the Florida Panhandle, as a strong Category Four storm. Top winds at landfall hit 155 miles an hour.
Michael is Moving to the north-northeast at 14 miles an hour.
The Tropical Storm Warning has been discontinued west of the
The Tropical Storm Watch along the west coast of Florida has been
discontinued south of Chassahowitzka.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Okaloosa/Walton County Line Florida to Anclote River Florida
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Anclote River Florida to Anna Maria Island Florida, including
* Ocracoke Inlet North Carolina to Duck North Carolina
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* Alabama/Florida border to Suwannee River Florida
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Suwanee River Florida to Chassahowitzka Florida
* North of Fernandina Beach Florida to Duck North Carolina
* Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
Graphic courtesy National Hurricane Center