TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. (WFLA) - Local officials in several communities are helping families prepare for potential impacts caused by Hurricane Michael by making sandbags available.
The Tampa Bay area is under a Tropical Storm Watch and a Storm Surge Watch as Michael takes aim at the Florida Panhandle and Big Bend area.
Here's where you can find sandbags in the Tampa Bay area.
- Tarpon Springs Splash Park parking lot: Live Oak St. at Strafford Ave.
- Dodecanese Blvd. at Roosevelt
- Dorsett Park – E. Harrison St. at S. Levis Ave.
- Fire Station #17 in New Port Richey: 2951 Seven Springs Blvd. (Opens at 1 p.m.)
- Veterans Memorial Park in Hudson: 14333 Hicks Rd. (Opens at 1 p.m.)
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse in New Port Richey: 7223 Massachusetts Ave.
- C-Barn in San Antonio: 30908 Warder Rd.
- 4508 Grandmarch Ave. in Homosassa (Near Grover Cleveland Blvd.)
- 7490 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy. in Crystal River (Near Dan's Clam Stand)
- Anderson Snow Park in Spring Hill: 1360 Anderson Snow Rd. (Open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday and Tuesday)
- Linda Pederson Park near Hernando Beach: 6300 Shoal Line Blvd. (Open 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday)
- G.T. Bray Park in Bradenton: 5502 33rd Ave. Dr. W. (Open 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Bennett Park: 400 Cypress Creek Blvd. (Open 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Bradenton Area Convention Center: 1 Haben Blvd. (Open 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.)