Miami, Fla.-(Newsradio 970 WFLA)-The latest advisory from the National Hurricane Center has Hurricane Michael 20 miles southwest of the western tip of Cuba. Top sustained winds are still at 75 mph as Michael moves toward the north at 7 mph.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* The Cuban province of Pinar del Rio
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* The Cuban province of the Isle of Youth
* The coast of Mexico from Tulum to Cabo Catoche, including Cozumel
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Navarre Florida to Anna Maria Island Florida, including Tampa Bay
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Alabama-Florida border to Suwannee River Florida
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* Suwannee River to Anna Maria Island Florida, including Tampa Bay
* Alabama-Florida border to the Mississippi-Alabama border
A Hurricane Warning means that hurricane conditions are expected
somewhere within the warning area.
A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are
expected somewhere within the warning.
Governor Rick Scott has expanded his emergency declaration to some Tampa Bay area counties to include Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Pasco and Hernando.
Graphic courtesy National Hurricane Center