Tampa, Fla. (970 WFLA)-Steps are underway to make Bayshore Boulevard safer for pedestrians.
Crews have started work on new crosswalks, signs and a beacon that will flash when someone wants to cross the street.
The proposed improvements include:
• Replacing faded striping between Rome Avenue and Platt Street, with new striping including black contrast in the skip lines and pavement message markings;
• Adding a 2-ft buffer to the existing bicycle lanes;
• Reduce width of travel lanes to 10 feet;
• Providing green pavement markings at the right-turn lane conflict point at De Soto Avenue;
• Installing Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon crosswalks at several crosswalk locations, including: (1) S. Dakota Ave., (2) S. Delaware Avenue, and (3) Midway between S. Brevard Avenue and W. Swann Avenue.
Graphics credit: City Of Tampa