- Republican candidates Rep. Ron DeSantis and Commissioner of Agriculture Adam Putnam met in Orlando for the Florida GOP Gubernatorial debate.
- DeSantis spent most of the debate boasting his endorsement from President Trump, while Putnam reminded voters that he is a true-and-true Florida politician unlike DeSantis who spends his time in Washington.
- The candidates agreed on most issues, including trade, the second amendment and condemning Maxine Waters for her recent comments- The real differences came in their style of debate rather than the substance of their answers.
- Many voters have said they like both candidates- and wish DeSantis would stay in Washington so that Putnam could be Florida Governor.
- Many Floridians thought Putnam's shining moment came when he prioritized local politics- saying he cares about Ruskin not Russia, and our St. Petersburg here in Florida.
- In terms of crowd approval, the debate was a tie. If you prioritize national issues, you'd likely think DeSantis was the winner, but Putnam won over those concerned with state politics.