Unattended Candle Forces Legoland Hotel Evacuation


Winter Haven, Fla. (970 WFLA) - An unattended candle set off a smoke alarm that forced evacuation of the Legoland Hotel Friday night.

A call to dispatch came at about 10:20 p.m. to report a possible fire at the hotel, according to a news release from Winter Haven Police. Fire crews and police arrived to find that a candle left unattended in a room on the fourth floor caused smoke and the alarm. 

They evacuated the hotel in an abundance of caution until they discovered the source of the alarm. There was no fire, nor did any injuries happen, according to the release. Guests were allowed back into their rooms.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content