Fire Forces Guests to Evacuate Courtyard Marriott

Photo Credit: Tampa Fire Rescue

TAMPA, FL (970 WFLA) - Guests staying at the Courtyard Marriott on Cypress Street were forced to evacuate following a fire on the third floor of the four-story hotel on Thursday night. 

Tampa Police say that after a guest turned on her room heater, the device started sparking, which ignited the fire. 

The guest alerted authorities, and also went room to room to alert other hotel guests about the fire. The in-room sprinkler system functioned properly, preventing the fire from spreading. 

Firefighters arrived at the scene shortly afterward to ensure the fire was out. A few rooms sustained smoke and water damage. No one was hurt. 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content