TAMPA, Fla. (970 WFLA) - The Southwest Florida Water Management District has imposed water restrictions for counties in the Tampa Bay area.
Areas affected include all of Citrus, DeSoto, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties. Parts of Charlotte, Highlands, Lake, Levy, Marion, Polk and Sumter are also included.
The water restrictions include limiting lawn watering to just once a week. Watering must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
Water officials want you to follow this schedule for watering lawns and landscaping:
- Mondays: Addresses ending in 0 or 1
- Tuesdays: Addresses ending in 2 or 3
- Wednesdays: Addresses ending in 4 or 5
- Thursdays: Addresses ending in 6 or 7
- Fridays: Addresses ending in 8 or 9, locations without an address and locations with mixed addresses like office complexes and shopping centers.
Car washing is only allowed once a week on your assigned day within the watering time restrictions. Pressure washing is only allowed once a year and not during restricted times.
Details on the rules can be found at The Southwest Florida Water Management District website.
photo credit: Getty Images